Developing the IGSSE research portfolio
All TUM researchers with the right to supervise doctoral theses are eligible to submit a project team proposal within an IGSSE call. The basic requirements for a successful submission are
- a joint proposal of either 2 researchers of two divergent TUM departments (TUM-internal Project Team) or 1 researcher of TUM and 1 researcher of one of our international partners mentioned below (International Project Team),
- recognition of IGSSE as a qualification program for doctoral researchers,
- interdisciplinary, high-risk research.
In 2018, IGSSE especially fosters distinguished partnerships of TUM with:
- the Institute for Computational Engineering and Sciences (ICES) at the University of Texas at Austin, U.S.,
- the University of Queensland (UQ), Australia, or
- universities/ research institutions in the State of São Paulo, Brazil (to be confirmed).
The actual call will open on February 26, 2018. At this date, detailed guidelines and a proposal template will be provided.